BareMinerals is probably the most recognized mineral makeup brand on the market. In 2010, they were acquired by Shiseido, a Japanese beauty company, that tests on animals. So is BareMinerals cruelty-free or do they follow their parent company’s policy?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a commission if you use them at no additional cost to you. Here is my full disclosure.
BareMinerals Animal Testing Statement
BareMinerals animal testing policy can be found in the FAQ section of their website.
Does your company test on animals or contain animal ingredients?
“Please feel at ease when using bareMinerals products as we do not test on animals. We also do not work with any manufacturers that do animal testing. bareMinerals natural haired brushes are made of Goat and Pony. Please note that no animals are harmed in the process of making our brushes… ”
I also reached out to BareMinerals to confirm whether or not they test products when required by law. Their answer was no.
Is BareMinerals Cruelty-Free?
Yes! BareMinerals is a cruelty-free makeup brand that is PETA certified. They do not test any of their products or ingredients on animals, they don’t allow others to conduct animal testing on their behalf, and they don’t sell in China where animal testing is required.
Some cruelty-free advocates only support cruelty-free brands that are also owned by a cruelty-free company. I personally choose to support all cruelty-free brands regardless of the parent company’s policy. Which is why BareMinerals has been included on my list of brands that are cruelty-free.
Is BareMinerals Paraben-Free?
Not only is BareMinerals cruelty-free but they are also free from parabens and the following potentially harmful ingredients:
- Chemical sunscreen
- Propylene glycol
- Mineral oil
- Coal tar
BareMinerals Vegan Product List
BareMinerals also has products that are 100% vegan. I’ve divided them into sections to make it easier for you to find.
BareMinerals Vegan Foundation
- Barepro Performance Wear Liquid Foundation SPF 20
- Barepro Performance Wear Pressed Powder Foundation
- Blemish Rescue Skin-Clearing Loose Powder Foundation
- Matte Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15
- Original Foundation Board Spectrum SPF 15
- Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF 15
BareMinerals Vegan Primer & Highlighter
- Blemish Rescue Anti-Redness Mattifying Primer
- Combo Control Milky Face Primer
- Good Hydrations Silky Face Primer
- Prime Time BB Primer-Cream Daily Defense SPF 30
- Prime Time Brightening Foundation Primer
- Prime Time Foundation Primer
- Barepro Glow Highlighter
- Invisible Glow Powder Highlighter
BareMinerals Vegan Concealer & Finishing Powder
- Barepro 16-hr Full Coverage Concealer
- Bareminerals Blemish Rescue Skin-Clearing Spot Concealer
- Bareskin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer
- Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF 20
- Correcting Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF 20
- Loose Powder Concealer SPF 15
- Mineral Veil Finishing Powder Broad Spectrum SPF 25
Where Can You Buy BareMinerals Makeup?
BareMinerals is a cruelty-free makeup brand that prides itself on using natural ingredients that benefit the skin. Beginning in 2019, they will donate a percentage of their sales to charities that empower women. Being owned by a bad parent company doesn’t stop them from taking the high ground and doing what is right.
Ready to try BareMinerals yourself? You can buy their cruelty-free makeup online via their website, at your local Sephora, Ulta or even online at Amazon. Don’t forget to sign-up for Swagbucks and/or Ebates to get cash back and discounts on your online BareMinerals purchases.
Have you tried bareMinerals cruelty-free makeup? If so what is your favorite? Please leave a comment below!